Sunday, May 02, 2010

May is UFC Month

I mentioned yesterday that I had two trips coming up which might affect my ability to followup with the "Manic May" plans. Both are essentially for the same reason, though they have different circumstances around them.

Next Friday, I climb onto the Via Rail train once again and travel to lovely Montreal. I'll be enjoying spring there, but my main reason for going is to watch UFC 113 - Machida vs. Rua. I hadn't really expected to be going, but the timing and main event was enough to bring me to Montreal. As well, I get the opportunity to see Kimbo Slice in his first UFC PPV match (because that's a reason to see him live...)

While I'm looking foward to seeing the show, I'm also looking forward to just being in Montreal during spring. My last two trips have been in not so lovely November, so it will be nice to walk around Montreal and not worry aout losing any extremities to coldness. As well, the patios should be open for some fun lounging/people watching. I'm really looking forward to this.

Then, at the end of May, I will be in Las Vegas for UFC 114 - Rashad vs. Rampage. It's a fantastic main event, with an intriguing semi-main (Forrest Griffin vs. Little Nog). That's not the only reason why - that weekend is the weekend for the annual F4W~! Convention. I'll be able to catch up with a lot of friends that I haven't seen since last year, as well as catch up with a city that I haven't seen in 8 months. I'm really looking forward to visiting CityCenter for the first time and making my own judgements on the properties. I'm also really looking forward to meeting up my friends from F4W for the conversation, meals and debauchery.

All in all, a busy month of travel and other stuff. Another reason tht the Manic May tag is oh so appropriate.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home