Friday, January 27, 2006

Sizing up the Survivors - First Impressions Part 1

Something that I thought would be fun is if I blogged what my first impressions were of every player in the upcoming season of Survivor. (I use the term fun loosely because I'm sure whatever I say here will be held against me after my impressions are proven to be wrong.)

So I'll break these first impressions into each of the 4 tribes, starting with the old men tribe. Up first, Bruce.

Bruce


Mr. Miyiagi! He seems like he is going to be a fun person to hang around with. And he has the built in advantage that he is the oldest Survivor, so he will be looked upon as the grandfather type figure. But if he shows any sort of physical weakenss, he's going to be getting the boot.

(As an aside, if I had been bitten by a rattle snake three years ago, I don't think I would be going on Survivor, well, ever.)

Dan


This is the guy who's gotten the most pre-show press. Dan is a retired astronaut. He seems like he's kept himself in good shape, and the draw of being an astronaut might be enough to keep him around for a good length of time. From there, he's got a boat load of degrees in various engineering fields, which might show us a bit of a logical side. If he can take that logical side and apply it to Survivor, he could be a top contender to win.

Shane



His picture screams "first out" to me. Throw in that he is 10 years younger than anybody else in the tribe and he's in a lot of trouble. Another hint on his status is that his bio is very short. He has the dreaded reference to his application. And he named his son Boston.

The only thing going for him is his background in promoting events. If he can somehow translate that into a group environment, he would be a multi-bazillionaire. But I don't see that happening.

Terry



Another athletic middle-aged dad. A military background. He and Dan have a few things in common. So maybe they make an alliance? Or do they butt heads? I think they get along, but Terry will rub others the wrong way by trying to take a leadership role.

Next up: Young Men

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home