Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My DCBS Order for December, 2005

A new feature here at the 'Muse.  I thought that I would share my monthly order from the fine folks at www.dcbservice.com

(BTW, if you are a comic book purchaser and are looking for an alternate to your local comic book store, I highly recommend using DCBS.  I live in Canada, and all of my orders have come packed extremely well.  And their customer service has been impeccible; my orders have had items that they have had in stock and they sent those items in a seperate order instead of waiting the 2-3 months for the other items to show.  They also offer weekly shipping within the US if you want to use them for your regular monthly purchases)

One thing I should explain is that I am only purchasing trades from DCBS.  The main reason for this is that I do not have the patience to wait for my regular monthly books.  This also has the nice side benefit of causing me to support my local comic store.  But I will purchase trades since (a) they are discounted very well, (b) convert very well to Canadian dollars right now and (c) are much, much cheaper than the Canadian cover price.

So, here's my order this month (for February's solicits):

  • Secret War HC - $14.99 (50% Discount)

Let's see...

    • Nick Fury organizing a group of (superstar) heroes for a mission against a secret conspiracy? Check.
    • Bendis writing the book? Check.
    • Bendis writing Spider-man dialouge? Check.

(Okay, that last one was a bit of a strecth.)

But seriously, this is something that I was interested in when it was first running, but the quarterly publishing made me wait until the trade (or HC) was available.

  • The Pulse Volume 1: Thin Air TP - $6.99 (50% Discount)
  • The Pulse Volume 2: Secret War TP - $7.79 (35% Discount)

These were on my list of trades that I want to pick up.  With Secret War coming out, I figure that picking up the Pulse companion TP wouldn't be a bad idea, and if that's the case then I should get volume 1.

  • House of M Spider-Man TP - $6.99 (50% Discount)

Everything that I've read about this is that the story was fantastic and worth the read.  So, I'll pick up the trade!

  • Birds of Prey: Between Dark and Dawn TP - $8.49 (50% Discount)

I've started picking up the monthly book of Birds of Prey, but it's after this trade falls.  Of course, this isn't a surprise, since DC's trade policy is only starting to get better.  Who knows, maybe there'll be more than one trade put out this year!

  • Squadron Supreme TP - $19.49 (35% Discount)

This consistently makes it's appearance on the list of "Trades you must read".  With Exiles getting ready to jump into the Squadron Supreme universe once the current New Universe arc is completed (ie next month), this seems to be as good of time as any to start reading a classic.

One that almost made my list was the Essential Moon Knight Volume 1.  At a price of $8.99, it was hard to pass up, but ultimately I figure that there are many different Essentials that I should pick up before Moon Knight so I will wait on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home