Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A brilliant idea for a student film

So Graham sent along via an email one of those tag blog things. The idea is to take your MP3 Player/Music Library, put it on shuffle, and then take the songs in the order they come into the categories below (the categories form a sort of soundtrack of your life). I sent my second list via email, but I figured I'd share my first one with you, the world, because it is... well, let's just get to the list.

Opening Credits: "Bizarre Love Triangle", Stabbing Westward

A fair enough start. Sure, I'd rather the New Order version, but this fits as well

Waking Up: "Word Up", Korn

Geez, is this Not Another Teen Movie 2 or something? Anywho, this might not capture the true meaning of the song, but it works.

First Day At School: "Away From the Sun", 3 Doors Down

I guess there's some sort of "I don't want to go to school" connection to this song if you push things.

Falling In Love: "Bleeding Words", Mobile

Umm...
Promises promises, everything we said everything we tried
Between me and you the endless silence took over
We've run right out of words

And
Words to convince, words to deny
Speakin' the language of love and lies
Bleeding words they lead to joy and sorrow
Freedom to death row

This is falling in love?


Fight Song: "That Thing You Do", A New Found Glory

Yup, when I think of That Thing You Do, I get violent as well.

Breaking Up: "Hold Back the Rain", Duran Duran

Hey, this song can fit depending on how you want to interpret it. After the last two songs, I'm willing to give this a thumbs up!

Prom: "When I'm Gone", 3 Doors Down

It's official: there are some f-ed up characters in this movie.

Life's OK:
"Landslide", Smashing Pumpkins

This might be more depressing than Leaving Las Vegas. I mean, Landslide for Life's OK? What's next, Janie's Got a Gun for Family Reunion?

Mental Breakdown:
"What Have I Done To Deserve This", Pet Shop Boys

Though a bit happy for a mental breakdown, this song actually works!

Driving: "Bring Me To Life", Evanescense

Driving away from the sorrow of the break up and subsequent mental breakdown, sure.

Flashback: "No One Knows", Queens of the Stone Age

This works as well - the character officially has gone crazy now and remembers something not good from the past. Hey, this movie's getting some semblance of a plot now! We're back on track...

Getting Back Together: "Gold Digger", Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx

...and now we've completely left the track and went over the nearest cliff. Gold Digger? Getting back together? How does that fit anything that's happened before this?

Wedding: "My List", The Killers

Hmm..a song about a guy trying to get a girl who doesn't seem to want to reciprocate. Perfect for this movie and a wedding scene!

Birth of Child: "All That I'm Living For", Evanescence

Nothing says happy baby song quite like these lyrics:
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.
Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.

And also
Guess I thought I'd have to change the world to make you see me,
To be the one.
I could have run forever,
But how for would I have come
Without mourning your love?

Plus the super bonus
Should it hurt to love you?
Should I feel like I do?
Should I lock the last open door,
My ghosts are gaining on me.


Final Battle: "Underneath it All", No Doubt

No really, this came up next. This doesn't even work in the way that "Relax" worked in Zoolander.

Death Scene: "Self Control", Laura Branigan

I must be all snarked out, because I think this is an okay selection.

Funeral Song: "Big in Japan", Guano Apes

And the cover theme comes back. What this has to do with a funeral is well beyond me.

End Credits: "Karma Chameleon", Culture Club

A fittingly ridiculous ending to a ridiculous list of songs and categories.

Honestly, this was actually fun to do (even if this is rather messed up). I might make this a recurring post when I have nothing better to write about (I believe this is called "the lazy way out"). And someday, if I ever become a multi-billionaire, I will hire a writer to write this movie, based on the songs listed above. It will probably be horrible, but who cares? I'd be a multi-billionaire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home