Sunday, October 15, 2006

Survivor: Cook Islands Episode 5 Thoughts

Bring on the double eviction!

Barring some sort of major switch in momentum, we now know 4 of the final 5 players. That's right, 4 of Yul, Becky, Jonathan, Candice and Sundra will be in the final 5. The only questions that remain are:

(a) Will Sundra remain a part of the alliance, or will somebody (Adam? Parvati?) be switched in for her,
(b) Will somebody (Adam? Ozzie?) emerge as a Terry from last year, who screws everything up by winning immunity challenges non-stop?

How can I make such a proclamation? Because if there was going to be some sort of competition from the Blue tribe (as they will be known from here on out), we would have received some sort of hint of it by now. Instead, we get to see how much of a mess the Blue tribe is in, with no alliance being prominent and perceived as a threat to the dominant Aitu tribe. In many ways, this is paralleling Survivor 1, where the Pagong tribe were happy-go-lucky and did not go into the merge with any sort of plan, while the Tagi 4 knew who their targets were and focused soley on Pagong members (hence the Pagong-ing nickname for the systematic method of one tribe voting another out).

I know I've mentioned quite a few times how a lot of these players were recruited as opposed to applying to play. One of the people who actually applied to play the game was Stephannie (who apparently did it 3 times). So why she basically said she wants to go after two consecutive immunity challenge losses causes me great confusion. If you love the show so much, you should want to be there. Stop complaining and suck it up! Thousands of people want to be there, but didn't get a chance to play! ARGH!

I know I'm very angry/frustrated, but I swear to god they they are making this year just to show it to potential players what mistakes they could make. All that's left is a full fledge quitting and somebody turning on their alliance due to paranoia, and I can see at least one of them happening. Also, barring some sort of miracle, we are looking at 4 weeks of very little suspense.

Speaking of suspense, can I get a vote out correct? I think this week is obvious, which means that I will be completely wrong and Cao Boi and Cristina will stick around this week. But in the mean time that is who I am predicting. I've given my reasons for Cao Boi, and Cristina is hated, hated, in her tribe. She's going to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a little upset that she managed to get on the show over you. Any truth to this rumour.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home