Saturday, May 22, 2010

Writer's block

This month of blogging has been interesting thus far. I've come close to missing a deadline for a daily post a few times, but for the most part I've had no issue. With the month coming to a close, I'm running into a small problem - writer's block.

A big problem is that I've got to plot out 9 days worth of blog posts and have them ready to go by Monday. While I'm bringing my laptop to Vegas with me, I'm not thinking that I will have time to put together posts on a daily basis. So I have to get everything in order, and it doesn't really allow for any off the cuff posts.

Well, coming up with 9 post topics is difficult, even allowing yourself two posts of links. I've got a couple of movie reviews, and one other idea, but I'm beyond that it's a very sparse land of possible posts. If anything is holding me back, it is the lack of ideas.

One of the things I've found that helps is to read a lot, and then taking those links and jump off into your own post/rant/whatever. I've found recently that anything I've wanted to write about has either been covered better by somebody else, or that as I've worked through my opinion, it has either flip flopped or become rather muddled and I need to think it through more.

So, any suggestions on how to break writer's block?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home