Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Colour Me Surprised

In watching the beginning of the Best Damn Sports Show Period, I found myself surprised. There was a discussion about the recent Baseball Hall of Fame voting, and specifically if Mark McGwire deserved to be voted in. My own opinion is that McGwire should be in. What surprised me was that everybody basically made the same points as I was thinking:

  • Rob Dibble pointed out that steroids were not banned in MLB at the time and testing began after McGwire had retired.

  • Leeann Tweeden questioned whether we should be judging morality or not

  • Jason Sehorn pointed out that the writers who did not vote for McGwire have effectively said that they know who took steroids and who didn't, and they are guaranteeing that the people they voted for did not take steroids. (What happens if Ripken or Gwynn did?)

  • Dibble then pointed out that all of the writers who wrote about the homerun chase in 1998 and how it brought baseball back but did not write about McGwire's steroid use are basically hypocrites.


I mean, I'm in real agreement with Rob Dibble here, which makes me worried because it's not often when Dibble comes down on the reasonable side of an argument. But in this case, I have to agree with the crazy one.

(Random aside: Leeann Tweeden looks hotter with glasses on.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home