Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why I Attend UFC Events

Julie, Ryan and I were having a discussion on Twitter on the upcoming UFC event at Montreal. Ryan and I are waiting until Thursday when the tickets go on pre-sale, but Julie isn't going to go. Of course, that lead me to wonder why exactly I wanted to go.

The main thought that went into my head was similiar to my thought from my trip to Montreal in May:

The atmosphere in the Bell Centre was incredible. A tonne of energy, and the crowd was hyped for the entire 5 hour card.


Indeed, that's the main reason why I enjoy going to UFC events - the crowd atmosphere makes the show more of an event. All of the cheers and boos, highs and lows, ups and downs give a totally different experience than at home. You feel as though you are a part of something special, and you can definitely feel differently about the card than those at home. When it comes to the UFC in December, the reaction of the Montreal crowd to GSP will be insane, and something that you will have to be there to truly experience.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was not just the atmosphere, but it was that I linked the UFC events with hanging out with great friends, and the associated shenanigans that went with it. Assuming I get tickets for Montreal, the same will hold true - I currently have to put an order in for 5, with the possibility of more to join, and there's many more who plan on attending. It shapes up to be a fantastic weekend of a lot of fun.

Watching UFC events with friends is fun; spending a weekend hanging out with friends and going to a live UFC show is a recipe for a bunch of stories and memories to be made.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home