Monday, July 31, 2006

A fantasy baseball rant

I'm in a 20 team head to head baseball league. The categories:
R, RBI, SB, Avg, OBP, Slg, IP, W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

To win any pitching categories, you need to have 25 IP through the week.

I am currently in 4th place, with the top 6 making the playoffs. The top 2 finishers in the regular season and the playoff winner moves up to the next division (the league is patterned after the English Premiership).

Here is my team as of Saturday:

C AJ Piernzynski
1B Craig Wilson
2B Tag Iguchi
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS Derek Jeter
CI Prince Fielder
MI Khalil Greene
OF Miguel Cabrera
OF Adam Dunn
OF Trot Nixon
OF Nick Markasis
Util Edwin Encarnacion
Util Brian Schneider
Bench Reggie Sanders (currently on DL)
SP Scott Kazmir
SP Tom Glavine
SP Bartolo Colon
SP Mark Hendrickson
RP Luis Vizcaino
RP Byuhn-Hyun Kim
RP Mike Timlin
P Jon Rauch
P Ron Villone
P Rudy Seanez
Bench Casey Fossum
DL John Patterson
DL Keith Foulke

Since Saturday, the following has happened:

  • Scott Kazmir went on the DL

  • Bartolo Colon went on the DL

  • Trot Nixon went on the DL

  • Craig Wilson was traded to the Yankees, where he will not play daily

  • Casey Fossum threw 7 innings of shutout ball (only mentioned because he was on my bench for some reason that I can't understand, since he wasn't on my bench yesterday.)

  • Chris Shelton was sent to AAA (mentioned because I traded him for Glavine)


With 5 weeks left and my place in the playoffs only secure by 9 games, I really could have used a few less injuries and players being traded into a bench position. In the meantime, go Mark Hendrickson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home